RE Series School Bus
Durability, serviceability, and maximum uptime. The RE Series is a Type D school bus built with the driver in mind to get your passengers there on time, every time. Step through the widest entry door in the industry and into an interior designed for the safety and comfort of up to 90 passengers plus all their backpacks and gear. With optimum safety features, connected technology, and a top-of-the-line Cummins® L9 school bus engine, it’s a bus that drivers love to drive, with easy access that lets mechanics get right to work.
As a transit-style school bus, the RE Series offers the highest passenger capacity in an ICBus vehicle, making this bus perfect for longer routes and bigger school districts, all while minimizing the maintenance costs and downtime you might expect from larger transit vehicles.
65-105 gallonfuel tanks
Leave No Student Behind®rear bus alarm
- Leave No Student Behind® rear safety feature: optional
- 16-gauge steel body and 100% steel rub rail for added durability: standard
- Evenly spaced entry steps—the widest in the industry
- 21,000 lb International Ride-Optimized Air Suspension: standard (higher ratings available)
- Visual and audible low fuel, oil, voltage, coolant, and high-temperature alarms
- Three-piece flat, roped-in windshield and stationary glass for easy replacement
- Electric passenger door with standard electric vandal lock on entrance door
- Interchangeable BTI seating with precision, die-formed seat base and seat back
Wheel Base222”, 249”, 276”, 303”
Standard parabolic taper leaf: 12,000–14,000 lb
Hendrickson—AIRTEK® Air Over Leaf: 12,000–14,000 lb
International® Ride Optimized Suspension (IROS)
Allison 3000 PTS
Air brakes with ESC
- RE Series Brochure
- RE Series Sell Sheet
Cummins® L9. INDUSTRY-LEADING POWER
With up to 300 hp and 860 lb-ft of torque in the RE Series, the L9 offers the best power-to-weight ratio in its class.
- Cylinders: Inline 6
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Combustion System: Direct Injection
- Horsepower: 300 (max)
- Torque: 860 lb-ft. (max)
- Bore & Stroke: 4.49" 5.69"
- Displacement: 5.43 cu. in. (8.9L)
- Aspiration: Variable Geometry Turbocharger
- Engine Lubrication: 15L
- Dry Weight: 1,695 lbs.
Made in the USA
Dedicated, highly-trained employees. Rigorous testing (the brakes alone undergo nine in-process validations). Complete construction under one roof. From our Tulsa, OK, manufacturing facility, we put nearly 11,000 new buses on the road each year.