CE Series School Bus
You need school buses that reach their destinations with ironclad predictability. The CE Series is a type C school bus engineered from the tires up to withstand the rigors of daily use and get your passengers there on time, every time. Power your school bus with diesel, propane, or gasoline engines and access tools and resources to operate as efficiently as possible—all with a line of buses that are fun to drive.
Available in a number of different configurations, up to a 83-passenger capacity, the flexibility of the CE Series school bus can serve school districts of any size or geographical area with a reliable and surprisingly fun type C school bus.
For even more fuel alternatives and options, we also offer the CE Series as our first electric powered school bus.
40–100 gallonfuel tank
Leave No Student Behind®rear bus alarm
- Leave No Student Behind® rear safety feature: standard
- 16-gauge steel body and 100% steel rub rail for added durability: standard
- Evenly spaced entry steps—the widest in the industry
- LCD on-board diagnostics with fault code reporting for easy maintenance
- Three-piece flat, roped-in windshield and stationary glass for easy replacement
- Electric passenger door with standard electric vandal lock on entrance door
- Interchangeable BTI seating with precision, die-formed seat base and seat back
- Wide-opening, easy-tilt three-piece fiberglass hood for improved access
158”, 169”, 193”, 217”, 236”, 254”, 276”
Top-mounted fuel and oil filters Electric entrance door Easy-tile three-piece fiberglass hood Widest entry door in the industry
Parabolic taper leaf: 8,000–10,000 lb
International Vari-Rate Spring: 13,500–21,000 lb
International ride-optimized suspension (IROS Air): 15,500–23,000 lb
Air brakes with ESC Optional hydraulic brakes with ABS and ATC
Air drum brakes and air disc brakes
PSI 8.8L propane
PSI 8.8L gasoline
Allison 2500 PTS / Allison 3000 PTS with direct mount cooler Eaton Procision™ dual-clutch automated manual
Put the best up against the rest.
SEE HOW IC BUS ENGINE OFFERINGS AND WARRANTIES COMPARE TO BLUE BIRD AND THOMAS.Learn More
POWERFUL AND PROVEN, THE LOWEST COST OF OWNERSHIP WITH MAXIMUM UPTIME
Horsepower200-260 @ 2500 RPM
Torque520-660 ft-lb @ 1600 RPM
Bore / Stroke4.21" x 4.88"
Combustion SystemDirect Injection
PSI 8.8L GASOLINE
A PURPOSE-BUILT, POWERFUL V8 THAT’S STRONGER ON HILLS AND QUICK OFF THE BLOCKS
Horsepower265 @ 2600 RPM
Torque548 ft-lb @ 1800 RPM
Bore / Stroke4.35" x 4.5"
PSI 8.8L PROPANE
THE RUGGED, RELIABLE, DIESEL ALTERNATIVE THAT WON'T SACRIFICE POWER, TORQUE OR DURABILITY
Horsepower270 @ 2600 RPM
Torque565 ft-lb @ 1500 RPM
Bore / Stroke4.35" x 4.5"
CHARGE TYPE C ELECTRIC CONCEPT
OVER 340HP EQUIVALENT, WITH LOWER COSTS, ZERO EMISSIONS, AND 120+ MILE RANGE
- Zero emissions
- Quiet operation
- Lower operating cost
- Lower maintenance costs
- Flexibility to charge during off-peak hours
- Enhanced safety and efficiency features
- Fewer parts required
- Grants and incentives available
“Drivers just get a better ride out of the IC Bus. It’s their office for 8 hours, so they appreciate the comfort.”
Director of Transportation, Zeeland Public School District
Getting your passengers from point A to point B, safely and on schedule—that’s our job. It’s why we apply the highest standards into every product design. With new technology like electronic stability control and collision mitigation now standard on all IC Buses, our manufacturing process ensures we’re building the best buses on the road.
- Integrated chassis with 100% steel cage body
- 16-gauge steel side sheets
- 18,500 lb rear steel-spring suspension
- Leave No Student Behind® rear safety technology
- Electronic stability control
- Collision mitigation technology
- Integrated crossing control gate
- Widest entry in the industry
- High-visibility windshield
- Steering wheel switches
- Reachable driver controls
- SMARTTRACK™ hydraulic ABS system
Made In the U.S.A.
Dedicated, highly-trained employees. Rigorous testing (the brakes alone undergo nine in-process validations). Complete construction under one roof. From our Tulsa, OK, manufacturing facility, we put nearly 11,000 new buses on the road each year.
Your buses belong on the road. Our dealer network ensures it.
Find a Dealer Learn More