1. PROVEN PLATFORM
- 35+ years of L-series engine experience over 5 million L-series engine produced globally
- American designed and globally adapted.
2. HEAVY DUTY DURABILITY IN A MEDIUM DUTY PACKAGE
- Wet-sleeve engine design provides best level of cost effectiveness over long life spans.
- Reliable Cummins designed single VGT used across engine horsepower range
- Proven XPI fuel system
3. BEST IN CLASS AFTERTREATMENT SYSTEM DESIGN
- Single after-treatment canister with compact design for significant space claim, weight savings, and unmatched service accessibility
- Proven integrated thermal management controls across engine and after-treatment with single ECM - without need for external dosing
4. NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT
- Larger displacement engines are capable of producing higher torque at lower rpms
- With higher torque, power is produced more easily delivering smoother performance and a capability to handle more loads
5. UNMATCHED SUPPORT
- Network of over 700 International dealer service locations and a total of 3500 Cummins authorized service locations
- 5 million L-series engines
How does the L9 compare to the DD8 on paper? Download the full comparison to find out.